The ‘Tea Party in the Mayoral Garden’ has travelled widely in Australia with 16 exhibitions in three states and two territories, including the National Gallery of Australia National Sculpture Prize Exhibition, where it won the People’s Choice Award.
Macquarie Bank and the National Gallery sponsored it to travel to the USA, where it was opened by the Australian Prime Minister’s and US President’s ‘first ladies’ at the Embassy of Australia, in Washington DC. It went on to travel to the Australian Ambassador’s Residence in Washington and the Australian Consulate General in New York.
Set up and display
- The artwork consists of 40 tea cups (av size 18 x 18 x 15 cm) displayed on five stands.
- Each tea cup securely attached to display disc with strong magnets.
- Easily assembled and set up in a variety of configurations. See typical layout below.
- Can be displayed in a minimum of 16 square metres.
- Entire artwork packs up into three crates supplied (150 x 60x 80; 180 x 65 x 80; 240 x 90 x 90 cm).